Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home for a Minute

I have one day off before me and my bf leave for Virginia to spend some more time with his parents and his kids. Oh joy.

Don't get me wrong, I like his parents and his kids. But there is such a thing as too much time together. So I'm taking one for the team and sucking it up and all that for another round of being polite and yelling at the kids. Who I love. But, you know, they are kids and tend to climb on the furniture and put their feet on the table.

Not that I don't have my own bad habits, but I tend to do them in private. For instance, I just tore off some excess toenail. I know, gross. But no one was here to see me do it, so it's almost like it didn't even happen.

Today I am going to head to the gym, because I am home and my gym is two miles away and I am recommitted to getting back into shape. I can say that I didn't feel like I was going to bust out of my uniform on my last trip, and I'd like to keep that trend going. Flying does weird things to your body, like making you feel uncomfortably bloated for a few hours after you've landed, so it's good to have a little extra room in your uniform to accommodate it.

Heroically, I also plan on working out tomorrow morning before C and I fly to DC. I deserve a medal, I tell ya.