A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I started landscaping our small plot in the back of our townhouse. I had noticed other neighbors doing it and had for awhile wanted to have a small garden. But I have never actually gardened before. So instead I bought some pots and planted some morning glories, basil, and mint. Everything surprisingly came up except for one pot where the mint just didn't make it. I was secretly pleased.
But I still wanted more. So a few weeks ago, Chris and I went to Lowes and bought some topsoil, mulch, gardening tools, and plants. We started edging and turning the soil in the area we wanted to plant and then one day, I actually planted stuff. In the ground. I know.
I didn't have enough plants to fill in the whole area we had turned. I needed to go back to the store. But life caught up with me and I had to go to work. My job takes me out of town for a few days at a time. I came home again and we just never got to it and then I was gone for five days. But before I left, I bitched about the unfinished landscaping to Chris. It certainly wasn't his fault that it wasn't finished but I was getting antsy about it. A day later, Chris sent me some pictures of the backyard, where he had finished planting in my absence.
