Monday, January 11, 2010

This is Ellll Aaaaay

I fully understand why people drive convertibles in L.A.

Winter has been a little brutal the past few weeks. Freezing temperatures, snowstorms, dry skin, and a particularly nasty cold have left me a little over it. Throw in power outages and holiday commuting and life has taken a stressful turn. Lets just say I was pretty lucky to have scored the trip that I'm on.

I am in Hollywood. There is actually a view of the Hollywood sign from my hotel. I grew up detesting California for some reason but as an adult, its seriously paradise. San Fran all the way down to San Diego. From the lush foliage to the mountainous terrain, the gorgeous seascapes and soaring architecture, the romantic fog and the gentle heat of the sun, no wonder people love it here so much.

I went on a Hollywood Homes tour today. We saw Dr. Phil's house, the Spelling Mansion, the entrance to the Playboy Mansion, Bella Lugosi's old house complete with gargoyles. We sat in an open air cargo van, getting windblown and sunswept, as our tour guide drove us down the Sunset Strip, past and thru Beverly Hllls and Bel Air, up the Outpost.

My hotel is near Mann's Chinese Theatre and there are workers busy setting up for the premiere of The Book of Eli. Its so busy around here.

I went and used the gym at the hotel today. I didnt do my usual intense workout (hello, sick for the past week) but its partly because of all the toned people who were in there, making me feel a teensy bit out of place - okay it was actually alot because they all were size 0s with nonexistant asses! WTF! I have a midwest butt, I guess!

Anyway, it was a great day, beautiful weather, and I love my job. :)