I have a trip this afternoon. I've got to leave the house by 12:30 to make my check in of around 2pm...seems like a lot of time but the weather can be a little crazy around here, the roads aren't always clear, traffic around Dead Man's Curve and thru Cleveland, I could miss the empoloyee bus that goes from the parking lot to the airport - any number of things could happen on the way to work, so I like to give myself some extra time to make the 50 mile drive.
I went to the gym yesterday and did an ab workout. I'm a little sore today. I was planning on going again this morning, but it is really cold outside and I've got some packing and organizing to do before I leave. I'm thinking about what I'm going to do tomorrow when I wake up. There's a great little independent coffee house in Edinburgh that I like to go to - yummy chicken, brie, and cranberry paninni with excellent fries. Plus, they've got free wifi. I may run to Marks and Spencer to see if I can throw together a salad and I'm going to try to hit the gym at the hotel. Another thing I want to do is go to The Elephant House cafe.
This cafe is where JK Rowling wrote her Harry Potter novels. And I only recently discovered this! I always regarded the HP books as kind of English and imagined Rowlings as a single mother in England writing these books. It just never occurred to me that she was from this lovely lovely city and now as I sit here dreading yet another trip to EDI, I'm excited all over again. It is not that I hate Edinburgh, quite the opposite. It's one of my favorite places in the world. I'm just tired of it and would like a hot layover in the easter time zone where the sun does not set at four. Never mind. I've done plenty of griping about my schedule, haven't I?
Anyway, my agenda for tomorrow, if I can get my act together, is to find this cafe and take pictures. I have to be sure to pack my camera again too because EDI decks itself out for the Christmas season. I'll need to take a walk to capture all the photo-worthy scenes around the city - it's cold so I'll be sure to pack some warm clothes.
I suppose I should start packing.
