Saturday, November 29, 2008

Robert Plant Might Not Be So Thankful

I've been super busy, as usual the past few weeks or so. My boyfriend moved in last weekend and happily my two spare bedrooms have been made into rooms for his two kids who will occasionally stay with us. My house actually looks like people live here now, it's got that cozy lived in quality that my first place never really achieved. The only thing it's lacking now is...a Christmas tree.

I'm actually kind of excited this year about Christmas - well, I usually love Christmas, but it's so much cooler now with kids to do stuff with. For instance, I've never much been one for decorating for the holidays but kids...well, they expect it! Of course, I was in for a little sticker shock. Christmas trees are expensive! Holy crap, are they pricey! So, I've been trying to talk Chris into getting a Christmas Bush instead of a tree. We can put some white lights on it and call it Bob, after Robert Plant. We can even get some ornaments for it! And then we can put all the presents under the Christmas Bush and then after Christmas is over we can still have a plant in the house! Which is good because plants moisturize the air and it gets dry in here.

And another thing I'm looking forward to is buying presents. I know Christmas isn't supposed to be about presents but I've got more people in my life now and I want to let them know how much I appreciate them. And my parents are getting into the act now too, which I find so touching - my mom told me she's already getting Chris' kids some things for Christmas. And, of course, there's Chris. I've got a few things in mind for him myself.

Further, my brother Jeff and his wife Catherine are expecting their first child. When they were in town last weekend for our early Thanksgiving celebration they went and registered at Babies R Us for baby shower items. I'm so excited for them and of course I'll want to get them baby stuff. There are so many additions to my family, it's a little overwhelming, in the most awesome way possible.