I have big plans for next year.
Chris, my awesome AWESOME boyfriend, is going on my travel pass so he can travel with me. So far, we have talked about going to Scotland and San Fran but I also want to go someplace warm and beachy so I can sit in the sun (covered in sunscreen) and drink fruity alcoholic beverages. We also have plans to go down to Dallas in February to go to my sister in law's baby anti-shower (she doesn't like those goofy games that get played at baby showers and I have to say that I agree with her).
My vacation awards came out for next year too and I actually got everything I wanted. I got the first week in November, the first week in December, and another week in April, about the time my new niece/nephew will come into the world.
The cool thing about my job is that I can often arrange to have large chunks of time off all at once and still work a full schedule. For instance, I can generally put together five or six days off and do a little travelling if I felt like it but since my boyfriend is landlocked until January 1st, I typically stay home with him. Also, I don't actually feel like doing a ton of travelling when I have time off. I want to be home and enjoy my house and my family. But I do want to travel. I just want to take everyone with me!
Tomorrow I leave for Belfast again, so I've got to do some laundry and get organized, make sure I have enough to keep me occupied while I'm there for 48 hours. I really like the hotel in Belfast, they give us an awesome free breakfast and have a great gym, complete with a pool and sauna. There's a movie theatre up the street and lots of places to eat. My crew looks like a fun bunch and I think I'm going to have time to adjust to the time change there so I won't be exhausted when I get home, which incidentally is the same day my brother and his wife arrive in Cleveland for early Thanksgiving. Since my brother and I both have to work November 27th, we've moved my favorite holiday to Sunday, November 23rd. Chris will be there to celebrate too, so all the people I love most in the world will attend. What could be better than that?
