Saturday, March 21, 2009

Whats Going On

I've been struggling to write lately. I had the idea for a book, that I don't really want to share right now, and I've worked on that a little but other than that, I feel something coming on and I sit down to write, and then nothing.

Anyways, writers' block isn't really all that interesting is it?

We've got the kids this weekend. We took them to see "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage which wound up being so bad it was...well, bad. But good for debate. It was pretty derivative with lots of weird references and similarities to other movies and genres like M. Night Shamalan's "Signs". My boyfriend and I debated the relative speed of a subway car versus how much damage it could actually do should it somehow slip the rails and careen out of control. Seriously, how fast do these suckers travel? It took out like a bajillion people before it finally came to rest in the movie.

We did a little bit of driving around - the trees are still leafless and the ground is that horrible dead dun yellow color. I'm waiting for the world to wake up and turn green.

Also, Maddy woke us up at about quarter to eight this morning, not wanting to go downstairs and watch tv by herself. Apparently big black balls float around my house and they scare her but they must not bother her when we are around. Its weird, I've always been afraid of the dark but I've never been afraid in my house. The only time I feel faintly weirded out is when I wake up in the morning and its still dark outside. I have an irrational fear that someone (or some thing) will be looking in my windows at me. So, while it irks me a teensy bit to have to get up early, I do understand her fear.

So tonight we are going to make tacos with ground turkey meat. Its actually pretty good! We've made it before and the kids can't tell the difference. I actually think it tastes better. I've made a meatloaf and meatballs with turkey meat before and they both came out pretty delicious.

Tomorrow I am off on a four day trip - Austin, Miami, and San Diego. I am liking flying domestically again - I get to talk to Chris whenever I want and I don't feel nearly as fatigued.