After a summer of denying myself, I've been on a spending spree. In this economic downturn, it's probably not the best idea, but I WANT THINGS. For instance, I've been shopping for a flatscreen LCD HDTV. There are a lot of things to consider. For instance, brand, price, 720 vs. 1180p. Ideally, I'd like to get something I can finance at 0% interest for 12 months and 0 payments. I like to conserve my cash. I always figure I can roll the whole balance over to a 0% interest credit card or something before the terms are up. I just paid off my washer and dryer.
So yeah, an LCD HDTV. I want 37 inches. And of course, when buying these large ticket items, you can't forget the accoutrements that you'll need, like the wall mounts which can be another $100 or so. And if I don't want to wallmount, I have to get an entertainment center. What I'd like to do is get the tv and then get two leaning bookshelves to put on either side. Then I can get a table to put underneath where I can place the cable box and DVD player.
I also need to put shades up in the other two bedrooms in my house. My boyfriend is going to move in, and he'll be bringing a queen bed and some other furniture, so I'm trying to hold off until I can see what I've got but it's hard. I want everything NOW.
In the meantime I've gotten a second job at a makeup store. Once I slake my makeup and hairproduct thirst (which will hopefully happen soon because I've been going nuts with Paul Mitchell and Smashbox) I hope I can put the extra cash towards stuff for my house. I hate dipping into my savings, especially now, for anything.
I did take $500 out of my savings to keep handy for groceries and gas, just in case the nationalization of the banking system causes some screwups with the electronics, but I honestly don't think it will happen. I'm not worried I'm going to lose my bank savings (unlike my 401k) but I think if there's a momentary blip, at least I can still pay cash for gas and food.
But, oh, the stuff I want. A new pair of heels for work. Straight Works PM hair gel. Exuviance skincare. A haircut. Clothing. Purses from Banana Republic. Furniture. A hairdryer. STUFF. I want it all. Oh, and a puppy. Heh.
I have wants...and the only thing that is preventing me from running out and getting, well, EVERYTHING, is that I don't need most of this stuff. If I were to prioritize, I'd get socks and clothes first And then maybe a haircut. And then MAYBE the bookshelves because they are on sale. And after that...I'll wait until I see a good price. I could even wait until January 1st when stores are trying to get rid of their inventories. I'll have to wait and see, because, truly, I don't need any of this stuff. I just want it real bad.
