Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pride

Oh my God. I am absolutely thrilled. I am not a religious person but I just feel like I should thank God because for the first time in about 8 years I feel like I can be proud of my country, and I am proud to be an American.

There are people out there who feel like they've woken to a scary new world and to this I say why? Why? Does the current administration not scare the absolute bejesus out of you? From the collapsing economy to the global imperialism, the lying and deceit that has been the hallmark of the Bush administration, the loss of our rights because of so-called Patriot Act - none of this scares you? Instead you are scared because a *GASP* black man will be taking office? That's what scares you? Never mind that he's capable, intelligent, has an illustrious education, has commercial success as well as private success, including a happy marriage and beautiful children...he's somehow terrifying because...? Well, I just don't get that attitude at all.

I am ecstatic. I feel such positive energy and hope for our future. I am proud to say I voted for Barack Obama and that my voice was heard amidst the clamor of this election year. Congratulations to Barack Obama, future President of the United States of America.