I have to confess, I am feeling a tad overwhelmed today. I just got back from a three day trip. The night before I left for work, I had just gotten back from Virginia where I had spent five days with my boyfriend and his two kids. It was crazy busy and fun - we went to Shenandoah National Park where the deer are so friendly they literally walk right up to you, and in Liam's case, try to lick off the dried ice cream on your shoe! Chris and I went to a wine tasting and brought back five bottles of various vintages (I cannot wait to try!) and he surprised me last night with a lovely wine holder in our living room. We also went to Staunton for dinner one night (Chris turned 40) with his parents and uncle. Staunton is a gorgeous college berg that just brims with small town vigor. Coffee shops abound the hilly tree lined streets, along with boutiques, wine shops, and art galleries as well as old fashioned cinemas showing indie movies.
It was like Stars Hollow, only better.
Anyway, we got back around 8:30 Sunday night and I had to do laundry and get packed for work. My flight was at 7:40am the next morning so I barely had time to catch some sleep. I got home late last night and today I am cleaning. My house is just a mess (not really but it needs a good spring cleaning). I've been working on the bathrooms and I think today I am finally going to hang the mirror in my bedroom - I've only lived here for a year and a half! It's been leaning against the wall the whole time.
Tomorrow, we are picking the kids up and keeping them for the weekend. Then I go back to work on Sunday and I'm flying for six days. And with any luck at all, I'll get down to Dallas for a day or two to see my new nephew - I feel like a bad aunt. I'm the one who can fly and I haven't been down to see him yet. I specifically took vacation this month because I knew he was coming and all of these other things came up that I just didn't factor in, not to mention that this particular vacation was unpaid so I have to make up the hours. I complete ten years in September (YAY!) and then I get three weeks of paid vacation and a few other nice perks, but in the meantime, I gotta work. What's that phrase about poor planning on your part is not a crisis on my part?
Today, if I have any leftover time, I'm going to plant some flowers - I planted some sweetpeas last week, but it looks sorta like something has been at them. :( I wonder what kind of animal would eat sweetpea seeds? I want to get some evening primroses - Chris' mom has a beautiful border of them around her house in the backyard. They were in bloom last June and I just kinda fell in love with them. I also got some daisies, morning glory, basil, and mint to put in my garden. I need more pots! Also, Chris and I are going to get some patio furniture.
Hopefully, this weekend will be nice and we can take the kids hiking or to the zoo. Maybe they'll help us clean out the garage and take the recycling out? So much to do.
